of ScanSmart Check-In and VaxCheck Services
Last Updated: November 28, 2020
- Your agreement
- Modification of terms
By continuing to access and use the Website/App, clients will be deemed to have agreed to any changes or updates to the Terms Use and any Policy.
- Information about us
The Website and the App is operated by Eason Electronic International, trading as ScanSmart. We are incorporated in Ireland under company number 906774 and our registered office is at 36 Dame Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
- Access to and use of the Website/App
Check In Function
For using our Check In solution the services which are made available on the Website/App will, amongst other things, allow you: (i) set up an account with us with your personal details, your credit card details and your business premises details; (ii) create a QR code for use for your customers; (iii) provide you access to our database on a read only basis and limited to your business premises (iv) pay your monthly subscription fee to us.
For using our Vax Check solution the services which are made available on the Website/App will, amongst other things, allow you: (i) set up an account with us with your personal details, , your business premises details and your professional certification details/licence/authority; (ii) create a digital vaccination certificate code for people vaccinated under your licence /authority; (iii) provide you access to our database on a read only basis and limited to your business/organisation (iv) pay your monthly subscription fee to us.
- Registration of accounts, usernames and passwords
Registration is required if you want access core services, including but not limited to, subscribing to the Check In service and the Vax Check service and accessing the personal data recorded of those who have checked in to your premise or pre-registered and have provided you a unique token for the VaxCheck service.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to enter your email address and a password. You will be responsible for all activities occurring under your account and for keeping your password secure. This includes a responsibility to ensure that you do not enter your account information into a phishing website, or any other website purporting to be or offer services for ScanSmart. All information supplied must be complete and accurate.
You are responsible for all actions taken on your account and you agree only to use or utilize the App/Website using your own name, email address and password. You must make reasonable efforts to keep your password safe and not disclose it to any other person or permit, either directly or indirectly, any other person to utilize your email address or password. We reserve the right to terminate your registration without prior notice at our discretion if you breach these essential privacy rules.
You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password.
You may change your password by following instructions on the App/Website.
We will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using or accessing your password or account, either with or without your knowledge.
You may be held liable for losses incurred by us or any other party as a result of someone else using or accessing your password or account including but not limited to any administrative fines or penalties applied by court, a tribunal or other legislative mandated statutory body.
By providing us with your email address, you notify us to use that email address to send you ScanSmart notices, including any notices required by law.
- Deactivating accounts
In accordance with Data Protection principles, non- registered and registered users of our sites can request we delete any personal data we hold on them. In some instances we may be unable to delete your data if we are required to retain it to comply with our legal obligations (including requests from law enforcement agencies) or if it is in your or another person’s vital interest not to do so.
You can learn more about your right to data deletion and how long we retain data for by reading the relevant Privacy Statements.
- Using and accessing the Website/App
You may not: (i) enter, select, submit or use a false name or an email address owned or controlled by another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use a User Identifier without appropriate authorizations or rights; or (iii) use or submit a mobile phone number or email to us in respect of which you are not the registered owner, bill-payer and or account holder unless explicitly approved to do so by our client
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to refuse registration of, suspend or cancel a User Identifier’s use or access rights to the Website without notice. You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User Identifier(s) and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your User Identifier in connection with your use of the Website/App.
- Restrictions on right to use
You agree that you shall not (and you agree not to allow any third party to):
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Website/App.
- Use any robot, spider, website search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of the Website/App.
- Access, copy (including screen grabs), retrieve or index any portion of the Website/App for purposes of constructing or populating any database.
- Process any information about other users or users of the Website/App except customers attending your premises.
- Create or transmit any unwanted electronic communications including any and all marketing emails/texts to your customers who use the Check In service.
- Use the Vax Check service to attempt to establish whether any persons known to you in a purely personal capacity (family, friend, relative, neighbor etc.) have or have not used the VaxCheck service.
- Create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses or create multiple logins.
- Transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature.
- Use the Website/App to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including those deemed threatening or obscene.
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our IT infrastructure.
- Use the Website/App, intentionally or unintentionally, to violate any applicable law including data protection and consumer rights legislation or codes.
- Cancellation policy
You can cancel your subscription to use the website/App services at any time. Your cancellation of your subscription will apply immediately following the next due monthly payment.
- Consequences for failure to comply with the Agreement
Failure by you to comply with the Agreement may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Website/App.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any access rights to the App.
- Issue of a written warning to you
- Initiation of legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on a full indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Other legal action against you; and/or disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland, and the courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear, settle and determine any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with this Agreement.
If the whole or any part of a provision of this agreement is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable under the law of any jurisdiction, that shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability under the law of that jurisdiction of the remainder of the provision in question or any other provision of the Agreement and the legality, validity or enforceability under the law of any other jurisdiction of that or any other provision of the Agreement.
- Assignment and entire agreement
We may assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under the Agreement with you to a third party at any time, at our discretion. You may not, without our prior written consent, assign or dispose of any of your rights or obligations arising under the Agreement.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback and other information about the Website/App and /or ScanSmart services are provided by you to us are non-confidential, unless you state otherwise, and may be used by us at our discretion.